Here's our last week or two.
We picked our first red tomato. It was a patio tomato, which are usually golf ball sized. Raina was thrilled with the tomato, but less thrilled with posing for a picture.
We made "first tomato soup" with it, which is from a children's book. I made up my own recipe, but got the idea from the book. Raina is not a soup fan at all, but she ate most of her serving and used the rest to dunk her bread. I added tomato sauce to make up for the lack of, well, tomato.
I made Raina a patchwork twirler dress and I'm thrilled with how it came out!
I also made her, me, & dolly each a twirl skirt. I'm not in the picture, but mine is brown and white!
We went to the beach last week! Yes, there is a beach in ND! It's on a lake. It did have a sandy shore, but the water level has risen so now there's 2 feet of sand before the water, but at least it's sandy when you get in the water!
Sitting on a rock next to the dock watching the jetskis and a few little boats being launched.
playing on the dock
I am considering taking her camping here for a night. There are bathrooms and firepits, and grassy space to set up a tent. There were a few people camping when we were there. It's only 45 minutes from home so a 1-night trip might be fun for her without being too overwhelming!


1 comment:
Well we know how she feels about tents... I've got a friend that just took her newly 2 year old camping for the first time - she absolutely loved it.
Post a Comment