Friday, July 9, 2010

Raina's 2nd 4th

Raina had a very busy 4th of July!  We did 4 things...first, we went to the zoo for the 2 mi. walk/4 mi. run.  We walked, but our friends ran.  Their kids did the "tot trot" which was a half mile.  A little long for Raina, but maybe next time she'll give it a try.  Here she is refueling after a fast 2 mile stroller ride.
Then we went home for nap #1.  Next, we went to Oak Park for a big picnic put on by a local church.  Everything was free- indian tacos, hot dogs, cottons candy, popcorn, sno-cones, games, bounce houses...
Then we went home for nap #2. Next was a picnic at my friend Kasha's.  She had a lot of toys for the little ones to play with!

Yes, I made her dress :-) The big firework sticker on the front wasn't part of the original design.

Lots of chalk.
She pushed a baby on the swing.
There was a pinata.  Raina got to hit it first because she was the smallest, but she didn't break it.  The very last kid to take a turn did!  She got a lot of suckers.
Then home for nap #3, which was actually bed time.  The fireworks didn't start until 10:45 because it takes so long to get dark here.  I woke her up at 10pm and we went to base for fireworks.  While we waited, we assembled a glow in the dark ball.


Then she had a snack.  When the fireworks started, she wasn't afraid at all.  She shouted "boom!"  She sat in her own chair and watched.

Then we went home and went to bed!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Her face in the chalk pic is awesome - she looks quite proud and exhausted by her haul. Bet she liked pushing a real baby in the swing!

Auntie Jen said...

I have to agree I love the chalk picture, she looks like such a tough little cookie.

grammyapple said...

Wish I could have been there for all the fun. I like the chalk picture, too. I also thinks she looks proud of those lollipops.