Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sleep update

I have been bragging that I outsmarted the tot, but in reality she outsmarted me.  The crib is now turned around so the rail is against the wall and the bars are on the outside.  She has been crying for about 2 minutes after I lay her down, and then falls right asleep.  Before she gets in her bed and want to "wock" in the rocking chair.  Here we haven't touched the chair in ages and now it's back in action.  I have been rocking her for a couple minutes just to make her more relaxed before she gets in her bed.  Tonight there we just a few wimpers, but no tears.  I plan on leaving the crib turned around for a few weeks until she gets used to it, and then we'll try again.  No rush.  I just think she will like the independence of getting in and out on her own.  She has been very well behaved recently and listens well.  The only problem has been that she talks so much that I have to tell her to stop talking so I can get a word in! I have to interrupt her to tell her to put her shoes on or ask if she wants milk or water!

No comments: