Sooo...Raina is still not liking the side off her crib, even though there is a rail in its place. Morning nap was on the floor, with the carpet imprints on her cheek to prove it. Afternoon nap was alternating between me putting her back in the bed and her sneaking out and laying on the floor until she got distracted and made noise, and then I put her back again! (Note to Raina: musical toys should not be used when you are trying to be sneaky). For bed time, I told her I was "going to put her crib back". Being the smart cookie that she is, she went in the hallway where the crib side still is and pointed to it. I told her yes, and locked her in the bathroon while she brushed her teeth. Then I sneakily turned the crib around, so the rail side is against the wall and the bars are on the outside. She thought I put the side back, but was still suspicious. She cried for about a minute, and then quieted down. It's been an hour and I haven't heard from her, so I think this might work. This will give her a chance to get used to the mesh feeling of the rail while still having her cosy jail feeling she seems to be fond of. In a few weeks, I'll try turning it around again.
She did not sleep much last night and only a little today, so she should sleep like a rock. We also played with friends outside this morning and went to the pool and mall this afternoon, so she should be very very tired. At the mall she was walking, and then asked to get back in her stroller! Poor tired baby!

1 comment:
Any further luck with sleep?
Post a Comment