Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer update

Well, Daddy has arrived in Louisiana!  Raina asks where he is occasionally.  He will be back in early-mid December.  Maybe she will be able to pronounce "Louisiana" by then :-)

Raina's has been a little bookworm this summer.  She is halfway done with her summer reading program.  For the first 4 weeks, she read 2.5 hrs, 2.5 hrs, 2 hrs, and 3 hrs for a total of 10 hours!  She enjoys reading and is always wanting one more book!  Half of our reading time is done before bed, and the other half is done while she sits on the potty!  She doesn't have many potty successes, but she is making small improvements.  She just starting asking to go to the potty (even though she doesn't go when she gets there) and now when her diaper/underwear is wet she says "potty!" instead of "all wet".  I count that as progress :-)

I have been playing a game with Raina for the beginning of the summer, and she just caught on.  I draw a big chalk line all over the driveway and she follows it around.  Before she would get sidetracked and wander off, but now she does pretty well and thinks it's a lot of fun!

From the department of randomness...Raina now knows what clocks are, and everywhere we go and in every book we read, she sees one.  We do a lot of talking about clocks these days.  And trains.  She is still very into trains and we ride the train at the park pretty often.  The other day she got to blow the whistle!

Here are some pics from today:

When I washed out the "pond" I lost some stones.  Raina puts them back in a few at a time every day.

Following the line



I drew a circle...she got going fast!

There's the line.  See it?

Picking peas

Her favorite way to swing

A slide at the new playground.  It's rolly!

The tree with a built in seat was spared during the playground construction!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

she's so smart... I would totally use that swing one for the fair! So cute.

Kelly said...

I like the slide one too