Raina worked hard last week on her art journal, which she entered in the state fair. The fair starts a week from tomorrow, so we'll see how she did! Her age category is 10 and under, so there is a lot of competition, but she did get second place last year for a painting. Her journal is mixed media- stamps, stickers, paint, markers, crayons, glitter glue, and whatever else we could find. Here she is working hard with some stamps. This was when her eye was swollen.
We went to a little carnival and Raina had "face" painting done on her hand for the first time. She sat very still and was very pleased with her star.
Today I converted Raina's crib into a toddler bed. She loved it, climbing in and out and putting her blankets and animals in there. Until naptime, that is. Then she wasn't too fond of it. I would rock her for awhile and then lay her down but she would wake up in a minute and come to the baby gate crying. Normally I practically throw her in and she falls asleep right away.
For bedtime, she was very tired so I put her in there and stayed in the chair until she fell asleep. That worked for awhile, but after about an hour she got up crying and I had to rock her again. Just a minute ago I heard her again, so I told her to go back in her bed and she did. It's 5 minutes later and I hear her talking at the top of the stairs. We'll see if she goes back. The crib's not that different. I took off a side and put a bedrail there, leaving a little gap by her feet so she can get in and out. I don't know what the problem is!
Update: it's 12:30am and we're still having issues. She only sleeps for 30 minutes or so at a time, even in bed with me. I don't really feel like getting out the tools and turning it back into a crib at this hour! I think we are just going to ride out the night and hopefully she will be more used to it tomorrow. Right now I am downstairs and she is sitting at the top of the stairs by the baby gate, quietly. Maybe when I go back up she will be asleep on the floor!

1 comment:
You are gonna have one tired baby on your hands today. Good luck with that. She's so good with the stamps... on the carpet!
Post a Comment