Saturday, May 1, 2010

One Tree

For Earth Day, I bought Raina the book One Tree.  She is really liking it.  It's about everything that a tree can do during a whole year, from birds nests to baby catepillars to feeding animals to growing new trees.
We just read it before bed and she made "zzzz" sounds for the bee, said "yummm" when the catepillar eats the leaves, said "uh oh" when the leaves fell off the tree in the fall, and did the sign for snow.  I just bought her another book from the same series about gardening.  I thought that would be fun since we have been working in the greenhouse lately.

It's COLD this weekend!  The high today was 40, and it's supposed ot be the same tomorrow.  We put a little space heater in the greenhouse so it's about 50 in there.  Pat fixed the fan today too, so if it ever warms up, the fan will go on at 78 degrees and off at 70 degrees, keeping it comfy for the plants.  They are growing well so far!

No comments: