Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day and more

Pat and Raina got me a pasta making attachment set for my Kitchenaid!  I am excited to try it out!  Today we went to church, where Pat and Raina each bought me a rose, and then headed out to base for brunch.  Brunch was yummy, as always, and they had extra desserts for Mother's day.  They gave me a geranium plant and the clown made Raina a matching red flower out of balloons.  She waited in line for her ballon very nicely, but wouldn't tell the clown thank you after he made it.  She is a little shy. 

In just the past few days, Raina started saying thank you (to me and Pat only) without being prompted!  If I hand her a snack or a toy, she signs and say "tank you"!  Very cute.  She also started occasionally signing "love you".  She uses the signs for "help" and "open" quite a bit, and also has been doing "truck" and "train" a lot but it is difficult to tell them apart.  Raina is very into trains right now.  We rode the little train at the park yesterday for the first time this year, and she loved it.  It's only $3 for both of us to ride, so I expect to do it a lot this summer!  We also noticed they are starting to get the pool cleaned up.  It might be 40 degrees and rainy right now, but we are ready for summer!  I had to put a heater in the greenhouse for the past few days though.

1 comment:

Auntie Jen said...

This why you wanna ride the Train up mount Washington? Raina will love it. I'm trying to convice lyndsey to come with us on friday to the zoo with Jamie