Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Binky Fairy

The Binky Fairy visited our house 2 weeks ago.  We hyped her up a lot, and before we went to gymnastics, Raina gathered all her binkys and put them in a bag on the coffee table.  When we returned, Raina went inside first and found a path of confetti from the door to the coffee table.  The bag was filled with candy, and there was a stuffed bear too.


Yay!  Candy!  When we talked about the Binky Fairy, I said she might bring a present.  Raina asked "candy too?"







She only asked for the binky a few times in the next couple days, and accepted it when I reminded her that they were gone.  the only probelm is now, she doesn't know how to fall asleep!  She has not been napping very well, and will occasionally spend 2 hours in her room reading, singing, & playing instead of sleeping.  I have a gate in the doorway so she can't get out at least.  She usually sits by the gate and reads.  Also, she has been waking up earlier too.

She was doing well in the toddler bed, but now she has to adjust again.  Heather and I made a canopy to go over her bed.  She likes it, but it doesn't make her stay in!

She does like her bear though.  When you hug it, it vibrates, so she's always asking to "turn it on!" She hasn't figured out the hugging part herself yet.  It has to be hugged right in the center.

Thank you Binky Fairy!  The dentist will be happy the binky is gone, and I am glad too, because I was getting tired of crawling under the bed for them in the middle of the night.  Now I just need to figure out how to get her to stop singing to the cat and fall asleep! :-)

No comments: