Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dinner with Santa

 We went to dinner with Santa on base today and had a great time!  It was only $10 for all of us and there was a spaghetti buffet, sundae bar, and Santa gave out candy!

While we ate, Santa came around and Raina gave him a high 5:


Then we went to visit him.  Raina practiced answering "books" when I asked what she wanted for Christmas, but she was too shy to tell Santa.

A little wary:

She was excited to get a candy bag, of course:

Then we made our sundaes!

We visited Santa again later so we could get some pictures with Daddy in them.


Raina showed Santa her jungle bell necklace:

Raina ate her candy cane on the drive home and is now a shade of reddish pink :-)  There was a lot of candy in the bag!

Raina wrote a letter to Santa last week, and he wrote back!  We dropped it off at Subway and got a cookie, and then got a reply a few days later.  Here is what he wrote.  I can write it from memory because she makes me read it all the time.  6 times in a row on the first day!

Dear Raina,

I am doing good.  I am happy that you have been a good girl this year.  I'm glad that you share your toys and feed the cats.  I will try to get some Charlie and Lola books.  I will try to get some art supplies so you can make some pretty art.  Merry Christmas!

Love, Santa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

charlie and lola are on there way... but maybe a bit late for xmas... auntie heather is a bit behind with ordering!