Monday, June 8, 2009

She speaks!

I have been trying to get Raina to talk for awhile. She has been saying "Mama" occasionally, though not in context. We have also been practicing baby signs for cat, bunny, more, fish, ball, all done, book, and noise. She has done the sign for "more" perfectly once, and I think she made a few other attempts (or maybe I'm misinterpreting). Yesterday she said her first real word in context and everything! We were playing with a ball, and I kept repeating Ball. Ball? Ball! like a parrot and doing the sign. She played with the ball quietly by herself for another few minutes, then looked at it and shouted "Ba!". I stared at her, and then looked at the cat for confirmation (Cookie, did you hear that too?). She kept playing with the ball, and wouldn't say anything else. Nothing today either. I'm still waiting for more! I like hearing her little voice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

time to have a video camera on her at all times

Auntie Jen said...

Yay! I thought she'd learn cat first....hopefully you can get her talking on tape.