Thursday, September 22, 2011

Raina's bad day

I dropped Raina off for school for a normal day.  2 hours later, I got a call that the teacher thinks she has pink eye, so I had to go get her.  She sat on a couch in the hallway eating a snack from the birthday party that was happening in the classroom. She had to go to the doctor, get eye drops, even though it's probably viral, and go home.  She has to miss school today, and probably tomorrow. She is missing her turn at cooking lessons (lesson #1: making toast with butter).

After dinner yesterday, we went outside to play.  Raina was picking flowers just over in the yard next door (no one lives there).  She ran over to be crying, and I saw right away she was being eaten by ants.  TONS of ants!  I stripped off her clothes and slapped all over her skin to get them off.  Hundreds and hundreds.  I carried her in and threw her in the bathtub and dumped cold water on her, and the whole time she was screaming.  Once I got them all off, I dried her off and looked for bites.  She has about 100 on her feet, legs, and butt.  I dosed her with hydrocortisone, benedryl, hello kitty bandaids, a cake pop, eye drops, and a movie and she felt better right away.  This morning I took pictures of her bites.  Just the pictures makes me itch.  I have one bite on my toe and it's swollen and itchy and I can hardly bend it, but she's feeling just fine, not even itchy!







My one swollen toe.  Why is my one bite so much worse than her 100??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

holy cow... fire ants? those about killed us in miami. my friend looked like someone put cigarettes out on his legs.

grammyapple said...

Oh, my gosh! Poor little Raina. Those bites look awful.