Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Charlie & Lola & Raina

After our trip to London, Raina (and I!) became hooked on the Charlie & Lola series of books and TV.  This is interesting because Raina is usually not into TV, and she doesn't really care for characters like Elmo and Dora.  Something about Charlie & Lola got her though!  We read the one book we bought in London every night, and sometimes a few others from the library.  We also have been renting the DVDs from the library too.  While I made dinner and cleaned the kitchen, Raina watched an episode. (no pants is our potty training look).


Then we had a Charlie & Lola dinner, right from Raina's favorite book! Ocean nibbles (fish sticks), orange twiglets from Jupiter (carrots), green drops from Greenland (peas), and clouds from the pointiest peak of Mt. Fuji (mashed potatoes).  We didn't have any moonsquirters (tomatoes), so we had to settle for ketchup.  Raina scarfed it down, and kept asking what everything was in between bites.


The only thing she didn't eat were the mashed potatoes, which was no big surprise.  The only potatoes she eats are the chunks in cream of potato soup or french fries, and we don't have either of those very often.  I gave her some cottage cheese so she could still tell her friends she ate a cloud :-)

Please excuse the shaggy hair...she takes out her barrettes when we're at home!

2 comments:

Auntie Jen said...

Figured out what time it's on here. 4am on Disney lol. I'm not sure what child is up at 4am here but I can't imagine it's many. I know in the summer time it's on during the day but I guess not during School.

Kelly said...

we have been DVR-ing it!