Monday, December 7, 2009

Walkie walkie

Raina is still not really into walking. She takes a few steps, but then drops to her knees and gives up. I think she is afraid of falling. Today she walked from the coffee table to the ball pool, which is about 4-5 steps. That's the farthest she's gone. She's a typical girl, more into the fine motor skills and talking than walking! Here we are doing a little practice while we were geocaching in early November. It's now early December, and at least 50 degrees colder! -5 right now!


Raina is becoming a little communicator. She says Mama, Dada, uh oh, thank you, and she repeats a lot of other sounds and words. She signs More, All done, Book, Eat, Bye bye, and she waves for Night Night. We are now leaning the signs for Please and Thank you. She knows where her feet are at attempts to put on her socks. She doesn't know where her nose is, but she knows where mine is! She even pretends to put on chapstick.

2 comments:

Tubbs Family said...

Very cute! She'll get there, but then she'll be running! And you'll be like, ug I wish she wasn't so mobile :-) I know, I know I need to call you!!

Auntie Jen said...

Well I hope her shoes help. Open them early.